Privacy and cookies
- Data protectionAs a data controller we take the necessary steps to comply with obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any relevant subordinate legislation:
- When you supply any personal information to us we will deal with that information in a manner which meets our legal obligations to you.
- Under the Data Protection Act we are required to collect personal information fairly and to let you know how we will use it and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (See Section 2 – Use of personal information).
- We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act and shall ensure all personal information supplied by you is held securely.
- You are entitled to see the personal information that we hold about you and to ask us to make necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and up to date. Should you wish to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you please write to Torbay Pharmaceuticals Customer Services at Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust, Wilkins Drive, Paignton TQ4 7FG, enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 (to cover our administrative costs) made payable to Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust. When we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within 40 days, a copy of the personal information we hold.
- Use of personal information
- When you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself through our Website we shall collect that information which shall be stored on a server in the UK.
- We will use the personal information supplied by you to keep a record of any products and services you have indicated you are interested in, assess whether you are eligible to access certain information on the Website or to purchase certain products and services, deliver products and services and to inform you of any new products, services, developments or events which we think may be of interest. Please note that you need to be a healthcare professional and register with us to view certain information on this Website.
- If you have provided us with your contact details, we may contact you by telephone, mail or email. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If at any time you decide you no longer wish to receive marketing information you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not supply your personal information to another person or organisation unless:
- we need to share the information with provide a product or service you have requested; or
- we are required to supply the information in order to comply with the law or the requirements of a regulatory authority.
- A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and we will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- Security measures
- Torbay PMU takes care to ensure the security of our Website and your personal information. We use a number of security measures and procedures including the use of firewalls to keep personal information as secure as possible against access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Where we have given you a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Contact details
- If you have any questions please contact via the details found on the website.